Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Davao City: Life is Here

Hi, loves! How are you? I’m great, btw. Sorry for being MIA for the past few days; my schedule was jam packed! Thursday, I went to Los Banos for ze boyfriend’s birthday salubong (he is turning turned 23!). We had an amazing dinner date at Joe’s, and then had a couple of drinks at Jacques, and we went to IC’s Bar, too, for another party. We went back to Manila last Friday afternoon to have dinner with ze boyfriend’s mom. We had reservations at the Jeepney CafĂ© at Hotel Intercontinental Manila. The buffet was so-so; I loved their steak and their dessert station. A gastronomic experience, indeed! Then come Friday, we went to SM Megamall for lunch before ze boyfriend’s mom leaves for Davao. Then we boarded the bus to go back to Los Banos for another party: Edwin’s birthday. Will blog about this soon, prolly. Too bad, though, I didn’t have much photos during my (long) weekend. How was yours, anyway?

For today, I’d be sharing with you my first trip to Davao last January 16 to 19, 2012. This is a memorable trip for me for two reasons: first, it’s my first time to ride an airplane; second, it’s my first time outside of Luzon. Yeah, and add up the fact that I ‘m visiting my then ex-boyfriend (aka as ze boyfriend), and we’re staying at their place. LOL

DAY 1 I was glad that I was able to go to this trip with friends Jen, Vea, and LA. It made the trip more memorable. Anyway, our flight was scheduled at 2PM, and we were at the airport before noon. After checking in, we had lunch, and waited for our flight.
davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

Have I mentioned it was my first time to ride airplane? It was Jen’s first time, too, so we had mixed feelings towards the whole flight thing. I was quite worried since the then-ex told me I should try gasping for more air by yawning to prevent my ears from popping, and I had trouble “gasping for air.” Haha! That was the funny part.

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

So yeah, we landed, finally! HELLO, DAVAO!

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

The then-ex and his cousin, Kuya Butch (+) picked us up from the airport. Nothing much on our itinerary that day, but a zipline ride at Zip City Davao.

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

I heard great comments about Zip City Hilltop in Barangay Langub, so we decided to give it a try. The place was majestic. You have a wonderful view of Davao Gulf and Mt. Apo while traversing the cable. Aside from the view, the zip line is fitting for first timers: the length is only 320 meters, and 120 meters above the ground. Compared to other zip lines, this is a baby. Plus, it’s dubbed as the “most friendly zip line for all ages.”

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

I forgot how much the zip line fee is, but it’s quite affordable, I’m sure. Plus, they gave us coupons for a nearby restaurant. Finally, here we are, donning our safety gear on the unloading platform.

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

It was everyone’s first time to try zip lining. AJ was truly terrified coz he’s afraid of heights. Hehe. Time to conquer that fear, dear! But yeah, I was having doubts, as well. I mean come on, NO ONE WILL FRIGGIN’ CATCH ME IF A FALL!!!

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

AND WE SURVIVED!!! It was truly a fun experience, I must say. The mixture of fear, euphoria, and that adrenaline rush, amazeballs!

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

After our zip line ride, we headed to Abreeza Mall to pay for our reservations at the Pearl Farm Resort. We paid Php1800 for our daytrip for Day 3 of our Davao trip. We then headed home to prepare for AJ’s birthday (January 17) salubong. Her sister, Erika, and I baked cupcakes! Haha!

davao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacificdavao, travel, friends, airplane, zipline, zip city, cebu pacific

That’s for now, loves! I’ll share with you the rest of our trip soon!

Love,
SIGNATURE

ZIP CITY
Location: Hill Top Davao, Barangay Langub, Diversion Road, Ma-a, Davao City
Contact Numbers: +6382-2822339, +6382-2861055 +639236586049
Email: davaowildwater@yahoo.com.
Website: http://www.zipcity.psdgroupph.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 Dianne's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena